Vitamin D3 High Strength (Vegan)

Vitamin D3 High Strength (Vegan)
Categories: Brands, Lily and Loaf
Brand: Lily and Loaf
20.95 GBP
Buy Now

For healthy bones and joints Vitamin D is a vital nutrient which is essential for the development of healthy bones, joints, teeth and muscles. It helps the body to absorb essential minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are important for our body’s normal development. It also gives the immune system a boost. The most natural way to get Vitamin D is from sunshine. Spending time outdoors helps the body to create its own Vitamin D. However, if you don’t live in a climate where there is year-round sunshine, you may need to rely on your diet or supplements to get the Vitamin D you need. That’s where Lily & Loaf can help. Our new Hi Strength Vitamin D supplement can help you get your daily recommended intake. It is derived from Lichen, a plant-based wholefood which contains cholecalciferol, the most bioavailable (easily absorbed) form of Vitamin D. Many Vitamin D supplements are made from Lanolin, the oil that sheep and other wool-bearing animals secrete to coat and protect their wool. While vegetarians can take Lanolin-based supplements, they are not an option for those who follow a vegan lifestyle. Lily & Loaf Hi Strength Vitamin D is a vegan-friendly way to ensure you get this vital nutrient even when the sun doesn’t shine. The importance of Vitamin D Vitamin D supports several vital functions within the body. It helps you to absorb and store calcium in your skeletal tissue and regulate the cells which build and maintain healthy bones. It helps recycle the calcium in your kidneys so it can be reabsorbed rather than lost when you urinate. It also helps your digestive system to absorb calcium and other key nutrients from your diet. A Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a string of health problems, including soft bones or conditions such as rickets in children, and bone problems such as osteomalacia in adults. Your body makes around 90% of the Vitamin D it needs when the skin is exposed to direct UV light from sunshine, meaning you must get the remaining 10% fr